Talk about having an illicit affair with a work colleague. A supposed private video of Eat Bulaga co-host and comedian Wally Bayola having sex with EB Babe Yosh is now going viral on the Internet. The alleged sex flick carries potential implications for the 41-year-old funny man. As our partner blog EnterVRexWorld noted in their post earlier today, Bayola is married and has kids. To see pictures from the video, check this site.
As in previous cases of celebrity sex scandals, familiar questions need to be answered:
- Who is responsible for leaking the video?
- What is his/her motivation?
- How will Bayola react? What about his family?
- What will his Eat Bulaga co-hosts do?
- Will Bayola seek charges against those responsible for spreading the video?It is worth reiterating that disseminating such materials online may be punishable by law, specifically for violating Republic Act 9995 (RA) or the Anti-Photo and Video Voyeurism Act of 2009.
Section 4.a of the law postulates that it is illegal “to take photo or video coverage of a person or group of persons performing sexual act or any similar activity or to capture an image of the private area of a person/s … without the consent of the person/s involved and under circumstances in which the person/s has/have a reasonable expectation of privacy.”
Meanwhile, Section 4.d prohibits anyone from showing or exhibiting “the photo or video coverage or recordings of (sexual acts) or any similar activity through VCD/DVD, Internet, cellular phones, and other similar means or device.” As noted in a blog post last year, the law does not punish people who take videos of themselves. Imprisonment of up to seven years and a fine of as much as P500,000 await those found guilty of violating RA 9995.